The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) is the "Official Sales & Marketing Organization of Greater Miami and the Beaches." Our business is about selling Greater Miami and the Beaches as a premier Convention and Leisure Travel destination.
We are currently seeking a dynamic individual to assist the Associate Vice President and Directors of our Media Relations and Promotions Department.
Position Summary / Responsibilities
- Assist with major events by compiling committee rosters, expediting sponsorship material, organizing meetings and being an immediate contact for related issues
- Expedite incoming fulfillment requests
- Provide in-house and on-site assistance with familiarization and sightseeing tours
- Assist with distribution of promotional products and collateral material internally and externally.
- Accurately forward media inquiries to appropriate market manager
- Collect data for and write bi-weekly PR Alert newsletter
- Stay informed and up-to-date about things going on in Miami
- File media clips and distribute to stakeholders
- Maintain database for GMCVB partners and PR leads. Work with international and domestic PR firms to assemble monthly PR Clipping & Activity Report.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and executive reports
- Work alongside Associate Vice President for social media communication and postings
Requirements for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- 3 years' experience in administrative support with at least 1 year of experience in a PR, Advertising or Marketing environment. Agency experience is preferred.
- At least 1 year experience working for multiple managers and managing multiple priorities
- Must be proficient in English, with excellent use of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to proofread alpha and numeric data
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus. Preferred knowledge in a third language (Portuguese, German, French or Italian)
- Good working knowledge of major social media applications including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with customers
- Friendly telephone manner
- Good and consistent attendance
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Advertising or Marketing, or comparable experience.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. For consideration, please send resume and salary requirements by December 31, 2016:
Via email to:
Include "Media Relations & Promotions Coordinator" in the subject line of your email.
Via fax to:
Include "Media Relations & Promotions Coordinator" on the cover sheet of your fax.
Via mail to:
Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau
701 Brickell Avenue, Suite 2700
Miami, FL 33131
No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer